Posted by Dan Blanton on 2006-05-09 17:32:41
in reply to Re: Tarpon posted by Captain Joe LeClair on 2006-05-09 15:26:13
|Hey Capt'n Joe,|
One of my favorite tarpon Whistlers is my Sliver Badger Tarpon Whistler. I've got a ton of big tarpon on it and it's not used that much so they haven't seen it a lot.
1. Hook - any of the good tarpon J hooks - whatever you like best.
2. Tail - small bunch of white bucktail about 2-1/2 inches long or slightly longer, flanked by 3 silver badger hackles, curved side inward, length of tail.
3. chenille collar - 2 turns of medium hot orange Ultra chenille.
4. Hackle collar 1 to 2 silver badger hackles tied Whistler style.
5. Eyes - silver chain bead 1/8 inch.
6. Head - white or hot orange - the fish like it both ways.
I don't weight these with lead wire like I do most Whistlers.
This also works great with a natural rabbit strip tail.
Post a Followup: