Posted by leo on 2006-05-09 12:09:53
in reply to Re: Tarpon posted by Jim Vincent on 2006-05-09 10:51:32
|Thanks Jim. That is great information. This is my third year to Kew West for Tarpon. I have and plan on bring a complete arsenal. I was introduced to the toad last year while in Key West. That one was with rabbit and we got fish to eat. Unfortunately I could not remember if the hair was up or down. As you know the Hoover version is w/ marabou. During a search for the pattern I saw versions with the hair down which is something I hadn't seen before. |
Regardless, I believe there is no "silver bullet". A great deal depends on the presentation. In fact, last year on the last day we saw very few fish and those that presented good shots didn't want what we offered. I convinced my guide to try something chartreuse. All we had was a 2 1/2 in. bait fish imitation. We hooked up on the next shot and boated the 100 + lbs fish. I was amazed that fish took that fly. As I mentioned, I have a complete arsenal and it includes a couple chart. bait imitations about 2 1/2 inches long.
Thanks again for you feedback.
- Re: Tarpon - Dan Blanton - 2006-05-09 13:43:13 (4 replies)
- Re: Tarpon - Captain Joe LeClair - 2006-05-09 15:26:13 (1 replies)
- Re: Tarpon - Dan Blanton - 2006-05-09 17:32:41 (0 replies)
- Re: Tarpon - leo - 2006-05-09 15:13:05 (1 replies)
- Re: Tarpon - Dan Blanton - 2006-05-09 15:24:46 (0 replies)
Post a Followup: