Re: What's wrong with my casting technique?
Posted by Joe Libeu on 2018-04-12 07:14:48
in reply to What's wrong with my casting technique? posted by Adam on 2018-04-11 07:27:58
|All, sorry I am coming in so late on this, it seems to me this is a tracking problem. There are several issues that come to mind.|
1. You are starting your cast with your hand in front of you and moving it to the outside on your back cast, then moving back to the original position on the forward cast. This can be done with a firm wrist and still have same result in a curve too the left/ right upon the stop.
2. One can be rotating the wrist with a inside to outside rotation causing a curve to the left/right upon the stop.
3. You can have a firm wrist and be rotating ones body thus having the same result.
Here are some things you can do to solve the problem. SLP, straight line path of the rod .
1. Watch your reel or hand to insure you are moving it a relative straight line path.
2. Work on wrist rotation, you will need to reduce the amount of rotation and smooth out the rotation.
3. Reduce body roration, move the casting arms foot forward, thus blocking body rotation.
All easier said than done. Key is to look at your body movements that effect SLP.
Give it a try.
Post a Followup: