Here are additional details on the Pyramid Lake Celebration Next Friday February 16th at the Nugget Resort in Reno. For more information copy and paste this link into your web browser
Last year, we had Mike Sevon give a great presentation on the history of fish stocking, and trout in Nevada. I’m excited to announce that we have another amazing guest speaker this year - Chris Crookshanks, Native Aquatics Staff Specialist from NDOW. Chris has a new program that is all about the Nevada Native Fish Slam. His presentation details the Nevada Native Slam including its history / origin, how to participate and details of Nevada’s six native salmonids and where to find them. I am personally really looking forward to it.
We will once again be having two contests for the event:
1. Big Fish Picture contest. To enter please send me a picture of any Cutthroat you have caught and released at the lake this season over 10 pounds along with the approximate date. Multiple entries are welcome. The contest will be a random drawing from all the entries so a 10 pounder is just as good as a 20 pounder. Email the pictures in full size please to email@example.com asap. The pictures will be displayed at the event and prizes will be given to the random drawing winners. Last year we gave away 5 prizes including a full day guide trip for two.
2. Fly Tying Contest. To enter, tie your best Pyramid fly, new or an old faithful and put it in a Ziploc bag with your name and bring it to the event. We will have a place at the event where we will collect the flies and have a few random guests judge the flies and select the winners. We will not tie flies at the event so please do this in advance and bring your fly with you. Last year we gave away 5 prizes including a guided trip for two as well.
Giveaways and Raffle
1. Free Drawing. We will once again have a free drawing for everyone who attends. This is to show thanks to our friends and clients for supporting our efforts and coming to the event. Last year we gave away over $3200 in prizes and this year should be even more.
2. Raffle Drawing for our Charities.
a. Once again, this year we will be supporting a local charity called “Amplify Life”. This Charity provides Recreational, Therapeutic and Educational programs for Children and teens with disabilities. You can view more about Amplify Life by clicking on this link http://amplifylife.org/
b. We are also supporting three small villages in the Amazon Jungle that have very little outside care including Medical and water treatment. Last year we were able to send a family practitioner to the area to help, support and diagnose many of the locals in the area.
Raffle prizes include:
• a Trip to the Amazon with our new Peacock Bass Operation
• Two Sage Fly Rods and Reels
• Winston Rod and Reel
• Cabela’s version of the Yeti Cooler
• Pontoon boat
• Float Tube by Outcast
• Galvan Fly reel
• Accessories from Stream Works
• Fly boxes, flies and accessories from Umpqua Feather Merchants
• Costa Sunglasses
• 10+ guided fly fishing trips locally and out of town to some of our areas best waters
• Scientific Anglers fly reels
• Nets and fly boxes from Adams Built Fishing
• Gear from some of our other sponsors including Simms, Tahoe Fly Fishing Outfitters and more.
In all we have over $10,000 in raffle prizes and more are coming in every day.
If you need a room at the Nugget there are plenty still available. They start at $49 a night and Suites start at $79 a night. The link to get a room at the Nugget is: http://pyramidlakeflyfishing.com/travel-information/accomodations/
Thank you in advance for helping to make this a successful event again this year and I look forward to seeing everyone not only next week but somewhere on the water soon.
Pyramid Lake Fly Fishing
[click here to display pictures]