Rod grip tape vs shrink tube

[Bulletin Board]

Posted by Bill Siler on 2017-12-31 19:26:19

A few years ago I purchased some shrink wrap from Mudhole and covered at least a dozen rod grips. I now have a few new rods that I wanted to wrap. I got on Mudhole's website to order some new wrap, and found that they sell a grip tape made by the Winn Company. Winn is a golf club grip company that designed the grip for the Redington Vapen.

I liked the feel of the Vapen grip so I ordered a couple rolls of the Winn tape instead of shrink wrap. Got here today and this is my 1st attempt. Was a little work but am happy with the results. It has the soft feel of the Vapen.

Winn offers 14 colors. $10 a roll. it should wrap at least 3 rods.

If any one is interested Mudhole has an installation video on their website.

[click here to display pictures]

Follow ups:

Post a Followup:


Use the space below to compose your message: