Posted by Eric Huffstutter on 2017-12-30 20:52:09
|I've been using UV resins by Loon, Deer Creek and the now defunct Clear Cure Goo (my favorite) to build heads on saltwater flies a couple years now and love just about everything about them- except the price. |
I wondered if there was an alternative and came across this: https://makerjuice.com/collections/resins/products/g
Maker Juice produces UV resins used for 3D printing and the description reads that UV LED lights will cure it very quickly. It comes in 500ml bottles and is a fraction of the cost compared to the aforementioned companies resins. I sent them a message asking whether they thought it might work and hope to hear back in the coming week. I'll pass along my findings.
Has anyone heard of trying such a thing?
- Re: UV resins - JM - 2018-01-02 12:28:08 (1 replies) (253 views)
- Re: UV resins - S Pleskunas - 2018-01-04 17:08:22 (0 replies) (101 views)
- Re: UV resins - rob k - 2017-12-31 07:14:02 (4 replies) (348 views)
- Re: UV resins - Rich P - 2017-12-31 12:24:42 (3 replies) (287 views)
- Re: UV resins - Ed Berg - 2017-12-31 12:40:18 (2 replies) (280 views)
- Re: UV resins - Eric Huffstutter - 2017-12-31 19:22:07 (1 replies) (246 views)
- Re: UV resins - Phil Ewanicki - 2018-01-03 16:44:13 (0 replies) (122 views)
Post a Followup: