AWD vs. 4WD
Posted by LeeH on 2013-08-23 10:32:02
in reply to Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot, or Subaru Outback? posted by Richard on 2013-08-22 19:44:46
All wheel drive is NOT 4 wheel drive. I mistakenly purchased an Acadia AWD thinking this would be ok for off road. I was very disappointed in AWD, and it let me down on several occasions.
I have since purchased a Toyota Forerunner, and it is the "answer" for me. The ground clearance is much better, and I can control the 4WD. The towing capability is awesome (7,500 lbs., I think) too!
Note: The Forerunner gas mileage is about the same as the Acadia.
As Bill mentioned, AWD might work great for your towing needs, but keep in mind: AWD vehicles are generally cars, not 4WD trucks, or SUV's!
- Re: AWD vs. 4WD - Michael Rosa - 2013-08-24 19:43:27 (0 replies) (147 views)
- Re: AWD vs. 4WD - Phil Ewanicki - 2013-08-23 17:03:51 (0 replies) (188 views)
- V6 or V8? - Richard - 2013-08-23 12:20:44 (3 replies) (217 views)
- Re: V6 or V8? - LeeH - 2013-08-23 15:33:04 (2 replies) (190 views)
- Re: V6 or V8? - Michael Rosa - 2013-08-24 19:45:06 (1 replies) (167 views)
- Re: V6 or V8? - JC Smith - 2013-08-25 09:45:28 (0 replies) (125 views)
Post a Followup: