Re: Tarpon sliders-clarify

[Bulletin Board]

Posted by LeeH on 2013-04-29 11:19:40 in reply to Re: Tarpon sliders posted by Michael Rosa on 2013-04-29 09:13:38

Hey Michael,

Sliders are top water flies, or at least run in the film.
I thought your fly was of the subsurface variety, not a "top water slider"???

I have seen subsurface flies dubbed "sliders" that were incorrectly named, and I thought it best to clarify the word, so folks aren't confused.

It is interesting that Keys flies/colors, generally don't work up north, and visa versa. I am headed to Tallahassee the end of May, and the guides there told me, specifically, "leave your Keys flies home"! This surprised me since I will be staked out, fishing big tarpon over gin-clear sand flats.


Follow ups:

Post a Followup:


Use the space below to compose your message: