Posted by GES on 2013-03-08 09:47:17
in reply to Snobbery posted by Joel N Rosenthal on 2013-03-07 08:04:20
|Well there's snobbery, and there's snobbery.|
Some "anglers" think you aren't fly fishing, unless you are fishing with a floating line, and only casting to a fish you can see.
I once jumped 16 tarpon at Homosassa, sitting about 200 feet from an angler (and HIS guide, who had located those fish), who stood on the bow and waited for a tarpon to roll out 40 feet at 11, O'clock, so he could cast to it. None ever did, and the guy never made a cast. Which is why his Key West guide, called my Marathon guide, and basically told him to bring me up there, so I could cast my sinking line to all those big tarpon sitting right on the bottom in about 9-1o feet of water (right under the boat).
Needless to say, that KW guide (one of the biggies) never did book that angler again; who never ever made a cast in anger, sitting on all those fish.
- Re: Snobbery - Grant - 2013-03-09 12:18:27 (4 replies) (436 views)
- Re: Snobbery - GES - 2013-03-09 14:24:13 (2 replies) (376 views)
- Re: Snobbery - Michael Rosa - 2013-03-09 21:18:18 (1 replies) (403 views)
- Re: Snobbery - GES - 2013-03-10 00:20:39 (0 replies) (319 views)
- Re: Snobbery - Dan Blanton - 2013-03-09 12:59:45 (0 replies) (390 views)
Post a Followup: