Re: Pink fly
Posted by jbird on 2009-07-22 13:06:00
in reply to Pink fly posted by Grant Hartman on 2009-07-22 06:43:20
|Wow, I am very impressed with the temperature of the posts on this thread in light of where the discussion headed. Grants comments were very tactfull as well as the replies.|
I would like to interject some food for thought. It could be argued that chumming hovers around that "drawn line" When comparing trolling for sails with trolling for tarpon or permit, shouldnt we add chumming as a comparison between these two subjects?
I know this isnt the first time this discussion has been chewed on here and I for one, will fish all of these methods discussed here without a second thought. It is usually a joint decision as you are rarely alone in a boat. If me and my buddy agree to troll for reasons that appear obvious at the time, I'll gladly troll. If fish are busting and my buddy says, "lets troll thru them" I would smack him with a banana ;-)
Im not sure I agree with the importance of disclosing how you caught your fish in your report unless someone asks. The fact that casting a fly to a fish and hooking up is the Nirvana of the fishing world, and if you didnt do it that way you must disclose this information because its "important". Whats the point of that really? Alls its going to do is generate a feeling of, "OHHHH!....you caught it that way huh?."
I couldnt agree more that casting is funner and more sporting and I much prefer to do it. But a touchdown is a touchdown, whether its an 80 yard run or a 6 inch center sneak. As has been stated, the angler had a blast catching the fish no matter how he did it.
This is only my opinion and have no intent to fan any flames here. I know this is touchy stuff and thank you everyone for keeping it civil.
- Re: Pink fly - Grant Hartman - 2009-07-22 15:22:53 (11 replies) (1067 views)
- Re: Pink fly - Ali M - 2009-07-22 16:51:37 (10 replies) (962 views)
- Re: Pink fly - Dave Sellers - 2009-07-22 19:14:12 (1 replies) (983 views)
- Re: Pink fly - Ali M - 2009-07-22 20:01:32 (0 replies) (855 views)
- Re: Pink fly - Steve Cali - 2009-07-22 17:23:17 (6 replies) (943 views)
- Re: Pink fly - Ali M - 2009-07-22 19:38:58 (5 replies) (892 views)
- breezing... - Vince Staley - 2009-07-23 10:08:58 (3 replies) (877 views)
- Re: Pink fly - Steve Cali - 2009-07-22 22:19:49 (0 replies) (798 views)
- Re: Pink fly - Grant Hartman - 2009-07-22 17:05:34 (0 replies) (850 views)
Post a Followup: